SEC. 2343. GENERAL AUTHORITY.
(a) AUTHORITY- The Secretary is authorized to award grants to, or enter into contracts with —
(1) the Center for Civic Education, to carry out civic education activities under sections 2344 and 2345;
(2) the National Council on Economic Education, to carry out economic education activities under section 2345; and
(3) organizations experienced in the development of curricula and programs in civics and government education and economic education for students in elementary schools and secondary schools in countries other than the United States, to carry out civic education activities under section 2345.
(b) DISTRIBUTION FOR COOPERATIVE CIVIC EDUCATION AND ECONOMIC EDUCATION EXCHANGE PROGRAMS-
(1) LIMITATION- Not more than 40 percent of the amount appropriated under section 2346 for a fiscal year shall be used to carry out section 2345.
(2) DISTRIBUTION- Of the amount used to carry out section 2345 for a fiscal year (consistent with paragraph (1)), the Secretary shall use —
(A) 37.5 percent for a grant or contract for the Center for Civic Education;
(B) 37.5 percent for a grant or contract for the National Council on Economic Education; and
(C) 25 percent for not less than 1, but not more than 3, grants or contracts for organizations described in subsection (a)(3).